Guide Price of £12,000.00 - For Sale - Oil Painting by Francis Calcraft Turner - English Foxhounds In Full Cry - F C Turner Painting
- Oil Painting by F C Turner - In Full Cry
- F C Turner hunting scene signed bottom left corner
- British Painter 1810 - 1846
- A wonderful painting of hunting as it was years ago
- Frame and overall condition is very good
- Article about the painting is stuck to the back of the frame
- Equestrian Artist F C Turner Born in 1795 & died 1865
- Francis Calcraft Turner was a London painter
- Equestrian portraits and shooting scenes
- Turner exhibited from 1810 to 1846 at the Royal Academy
Oil Painting by F C Turner - In Full Cry - A four-in-hand stagecoach is approaching on a descending road, the horses rearing, as a pack of hounds, together with a whip on a grey horse, are crossing the lane in pursuit of an escaping fox at the left.
A wonderful oil painting depicting a pack of English Foxhounds in pursuit of a fox.
Excellent detail and far superior to the photo's taken.
F. C. Turner was a London painter of equestrian portraits and shooting scenes, which he executed with great skill. He also painted general portraits and miscellaneous subjects.
Born in 1795, Turner was a frequent exhibitor from 1810 to 1846 at the Royal Academy, at the British Institute and at other leading London galleries. He is said to be the father of two other sporting artists, although the names are unfortunately not known. He died in 1865.
Please contact Oliver on 07770 832611 for further details
Back to items for sale
Make an enquiry
Make an Offer
Westfield Park, Dinton, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP3 5BT,
Tel: 01722 716088 - Fax: 01722 716055
Click Below to Email Us